We pride ourselves on offering a friendly, reliable and efficient service to customers both old and new.
Clive was employed by Chandlers Oil and Gas as an Aga service engineer gaining experience and passing the Aga fitters course in 1993 then renewing his certificate of competence while employed as an Aga Care Engineer in 1998. He has since become independent and passed on his experience to his colleagues.
The areas we cover for servicing are usually within an hours travel from Newark. These mainly include Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Leicestershire. All engineers carry a large stock of cooker spares in their vans.
It is recommended that Gas and solid fuel Agas are serviced at least every 12 months. Oil Agas are recommended to be serviced at least every 6 months.
Once we have been out and carried the service, if you wish, we can add you to our contact list to inform you when your next service is due.
When arranging a service maintenance visit, your engineer will require the Aga to be cool, therefore could you please ensure that the Aga is turned off the night prior to the visit. An Aga which is too hot can not be serviced safely.
Engineers carrying out your service will hold the relevant Corgi, Gas Safe and Oftec qualifications required and can provide proof upon request.
During a service some of the following actions will be carried out (dependent on model and fuel type):
- Check operation of all functional controls and components.
- Test safety devices.
- Confirm correct fuel rates (oil) and gas pressures.
- Clean burners and internal flue-ways.
- Inspect/Replace rope seals and gaskets.
- Adjust operation of insulating lids and doors.
- Verify level and if necessary up insulation.
- Visual safety check of oil and storage tank.
- Check for gas soundness.
- Ensure flue system and is correct.